Childbirth Preparation Class by Joy Domiguez-Yap
Hello MOMs, expecting or not or expecting to be expecting soon, I have an announcement to make! A very close friend of mine from college, J...
Hello MOMs, expecting or not or expecting to be expecting soon, I have an announcement to make! A very close friend of mine from college, Joy Dominguez-Yap, has recently found her bliss which is to teach moms about natural birth and also basics of breastfeeding.
Joy happens to be Wes' ninang. I have a lot to thank her for actually. If not for her, I had already given up on breastfeeding. Yes muthers, I breastfed my toddler for eight months, although I wish I could have done it longer. I was desperate to get my days-old baby to latch on my breasts because I didn't have support that time, I didn't know how as in I was clueless. I called her to come over our house and demonstrate how to. She came with her 1 year old son and showed me how. Since then, I had one of the most wonderful experiences of being a mother, which was to breastfeed my son.
Going back to the announcement, my friend Joy is now teaching Childbirth Preparation. I would like to help her by letting all of you know about this. So if you are pregnant now and would opt for natural birth, this class will truly benefit you as well as your partner, because you will be going together! Here are more details:
What is Childbirth Preparation Class?
- Couples attending the childbirth class reduced their fears and anxieties when they learned what to expect during this stage. They are more confident to make informed decisions if anything happens.
- You will meet other couples and get to share your anxieties, fears and experiences.
- You will get to do hands-on practice during class and be facilitated by your teacher.
- Fathers or partners will be more involved with the pregnancy and parenting.
- Strengthen the bond between couples.