Filipino-Italian Spaghetti Recipe Using Minola Coconut Oil
Advertorial Christmas is really here loves! What better to celebrate it than have a family reuni...
Christmas is really here loves! What better to celebrate it than have a family reunion over lunch or dinner at home with good old home-cooked meal! It's a tradition in our family that my brothers and their families, as well as ours, get together every Christmas at my parents house. I can say we can actually be called "Family Practicality" because we have pot luck Christmas lunch. Each brings a meal or two to share to everyone. This way, we don't need to spend too much by dining outside or buying food from restaurants. Besides, nothing beats tasting each family's specialty menu!
|My wacky and crazy beautiful family - Christmas Time|
Wow it's a hybrid of the usual kid-loved-Filipino Style spaghetti but with a zesty twist because it's got an Italian taste too. Today's your lucky day love because I'll be sharing my recipe. This spaghetti is much loved among the family, I'm a little proud to say that. Are you ready? First, here's how my meaty and yummy spaghetti looks like:
Filipino-Italian Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 kg cooked Spaghetti Noodles (any brand)
- 1-2 tsp of MINOLA Coconut Oil
- 1 large sized onion, peeled and diced
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 small can of button mushrooms
- 3/4 kg lean ground pork/beef
- 3-4 pieces regular hotdog, sliced diagonally
- 1.5 kg Italian Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 cup of broth
- 1/2 tsp of Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat MINOLA Coconut Oil. Add onions, tomatoes then garlic and stir occasionally until onions caramelized in color.
- Add the hotdogs and cook for a minute then ground pork and cook for 5-7 minutes while stirring occasionally to break into small pieces.
- Add the Italian Spaghetti Sauce and bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Once boiled, lower down fire then let it simmer for a few more minutes until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add mushrooms to the sauce.
- Add water especially when the sauce thickens. Add sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.