Saving And Preparing For My Children's Education
Back when my brothers and I were still studying, I would never think about how hard my parents had w...
Back when my brothers and I were still studying, I would never think about how hard my parents had worked to send all four of us to good schools.
|Shameless Grade school graduation picture!|
I remember my mom saying to me, "Ito ang pinakamamana namin sa inyo. No one can look down on you if you finish your studies." Forward to today, YES, totoo lahat ng sinabi ng mga magulang ko. I can actually hear myself saying this to my first-born (the little one could not understand those phrases yet.) Education is no doubt the best gift we could give to our children.
|College graduation picture.|
|My son Dandre is now a Grade 6 student.|
|This little one just started schooling this year. He's in Kinder.|
I used to veer away from investments and insurances because I so wrongly thought they are just additional expenses which I wouldn't be able to use anyway. Now I am very open to them, even though I keep on saying to myself, "I should have started earlier!" But the important thing is I have started and have realized how important these are in building a good future for the kids and preparing for my retirement as well.
Here are other great features and benefits about the Manulife Education Builder:
- It helps parents build education funds for their child through investments in professionally-managed funds.
- It also offers life insurance coverage, helping parents secure their children’s future, even in the event of unfortunate circumstances like death or disability.
- It allows parents to choose whether the Annual Education Benefit will be paid out annually for 4 or 5 years, starting from the time their child reaches 18 years of age.
- Parents can avail of an Education Rider that guarantees the Annual Education Benefit, while also providing their child with a pre-college allowance until he/she turns 18, in case of the parent's death or disability.
- Parents may choose the amount and duration of payment that will enable them to build enough funds to cover the cost of their child’s college education.
To learn more about Manulife Education Builder, call Manulife Customer Care at (02) 884-7000 (for Metro Manila), or follow them on Twitter or visit www.manulife.com.ph. You may also contact a Manulife insurance advisor at any Manulife branch nationwide or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.