Packing My Hospital Bags For The Delivery Day!
Here's my message to fellow preggy mommahs out there: It's never too early to prepare for th...
Here's my message to fellow preggy mommahs out there: It's never too early to prepare for the delivery day of your baby such as buying baby clothes, baby gears, and packing your hospital bags. Some may say, "Wow, excited lang teh?" Don't mind them, they won't be packing the bags for you anyway.
Besides, packing your hospital bag is the last thing you'd want to deal with when your water has already broken or when you are already experiencing non-stop (and painful contractions when labor starts.
Now what to pack?
Hospital Bag Checklist:
- Admission Slip from the OB-GYN (which has your pre-natal summary, birth plan, latest test results, etc.
- Prenatal Book
- Philhealth forms
- Health Card
- Cash/ATM/Credit Card
- Identification Cards/A copy of your Marriage Certificate
- Robe, shawl or jacket
- Comfortable going-home clothes (preferably a nursing or maternity dress that's still loose or comfortable, a nursing top and other maternity bottoms)
- Sets of underwear for you and your husband (I packed a nursing bra and breastfeeding pads)
- Clothes for husband
- Slippers or sandals
- Toiletries (small soap, shampoo, lotion, deodorants, toothbrush, toothpaste, feminine wash, mouthwash, toilet paper/paper towel, alcohol, cologne, and powder)
- Make-Up Kit
- Hair accessories (important in keeping hair away from face during labor, delivery, recovery, and during the whole hospital stay)
- Maternity Pads
- Snacks and water
- Gadgets: Camera, laptop (considered an essential item for me), chargers, power bank, and mobile phones
- Optional: paper plates, disposable spoons/forks and cups
- 2-3 sets of tie-side clothes/pajamas
- 2-3 sets of mittens
- Bonnet, socks, and booties
- Diapers/cloth diaper
- 2 baby blankets
- Baby pillows (should baby room-in with you)
- Small feeding bottles (just in case, but I plan to breastfeed my baby)
- Alcohol or hand sanitizer
- Baby wipes
- Car Seat