Knorr #LutongNanay Helps Busy Moms Bring Back Home-cooked Meals!
I’ve been a working mom ever since and I can totally relate to these famous phrases “Naku, wala na k...
I’ve been a working mom ever since and I can totally relate to these famous phrases “Naku, wala na kasing time..” or “Sobra kasing busy at ang daming gagawin…” when asked if a mom still cooks for the family. Oftentimes pa, we’re judged for not putting the family’s welfare our priority, especially when it comes to health and nutrition of the kids. Pwede bang wala kasi talagang time or super pagod na pagdating sa house? In this era when instant food and fast food restaurants abound, it’s easy to rely on them right? But personally, I cook breakfast every day for the family and special viands during weekends. When I say special viands, these include their all-time favorite, Sinigang.
I discovered recently that there are many ways to cook their favorite Sinigang in Knorr’s #LutongNanay event held at The Cookery Place, BGC last July 4, 2016. Knorr’s #LutongNanay is already on its 3rd year and continues to champion delicious, home cooked meals for the Filipino family. The event was hosted by a young celebrity and a doting mom herself, Ms. Camille Pratts. The event started with a group sharing from the participants and a short presentation by Knorr with focus on Sinigang.
|The event was hosted by Ms. Camille Pratts|
|The event started with a group sharing from the participants.|
|Knorr’s Senior Brand Manager, Czarina de Leon-Manalo shares what Knorr's #LutongNanay Campaign is all about.|
|Sinigang cooking demonstration by Sari Jorge, a renowned chef and businesswoman.|
|This group was cooking their version of Knorr Sinigang sa Pakwan|
|Another group of mommies trying out another Sinigang variation.|
|Patricia, Michelle, and Yen seriously capturing their finished Sinigang version.|
|Knorr Sinigang with Pakwan|
|Knorr Surf and Turf Sinigang|
|Knorr Sinigang na Grilled Liempo|
|Knorr Sizzling Sinigang|
|The Knorr #LutongNanay particpants' class picture! :)|
- Marinate the pork belly in Knorr Liquid Seasoning for at least 30 mins.
- Place a large casserole over medium-high heat. Add the oil and, working in batches, cook the pork until evenly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and onions to the casserole. Add the tomatoes, ginger, lemongrass, gabi and watermelon and cook for 2 minutes before returning the pork to the casserole.
- Add the water, Knorr Sinigang sa Gabi Mix, Knorr Beef Cube. Cook for a further 1–1½ hours until the pork is tender.
- When the pork is tender, remove the pork from the casserole and set aside. Strain the liquid and add the fish sauce, soy sauce and pepper to taste.
- Add the remaining watermelon, beans, chilies, and okra and cook for 20 minutes, before adding the water spinach and cooking for a minute until all the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with steamed white rice and fish sauce for dipping.