Our Filippo Berio Chili Cheesy Pork Lumpia Pesto Recipe
Whenever we host a gathering of family or friends, one topic never fails to come up, home-cooked meals. Well, I do cook the usual family fa...
Whenever we host a gathering of family or friends, one topic never fails to come up, home-cooked meals. Well, I do cook the usual family favorites, but my husband cooks the meanest special meals which his family and friends applaud him for! I admit to that fact, even on our wedding vows, that he's a better cook than I am. One example was his special recipe last weekend which I am going to share with you today, his healthy Chili Cheesy Pork Lumpia Pesto.
Chili Cheesy Pork Lumpia Pesto
- 1/2 ground lean pork
- 2 onions, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped finely
- 10 - 20 pcs finger chili peppers (siling mahaba)
- 1 bundle of kinchay or parsley, chopped
- 3-4 tbsps of Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 block of cheese, grated
- Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 20 - 30 pcs spring roll wrappers
1. In a bowl, mix ground pork, chopped/minced carrots, onions, kinchay, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cut the side of each of the finger chili peppers and remove the seeds.
4. Assemble the Pork Lumpia by putting the seedless finger chili on the wrapper first. Stuff it with enough ground pork mixture, top it with Filippo Berio Classic Pesto and grated cheese.
6. In a pan, pour and heat the Filippo Berio Olive Oil.
7. On medium heat, fry the lumpia rolls in batches, do not overcrowd. Fry for about 7-10 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Turn as needed to cook both sides.
8. When cooked, drain the lumpia rolls on a rack or strainer. Serve and enjoy with hot rice.