#MommyPracticalityPreggyOOTD Weeks 18-24
Wow, I can't believe it's been six weeks since I last posted about what I've been comfortably wearing while my preggy belly is g...
Wow, I can't believe it's been six weeks since I last posted about what I've been comfortably wearing while my preggy belly is growing tremendously. If you'd like to see the first part, it's over HERE.
If you've been following me on Instagram, where I usually post my Outfit Of The Day photos, you'd notice that I am very safe when it comes to color combination of my wardrobe. I actually notice lately that I like wearing blues, greys, whites, blacks and denims, and I like the striped pattern. I'm drawn to these classic and cool-to-the-eyes hues. I guess it's because I'm having a boy? I don't know if there's any connection really.
White Top from Forever21
Jeans from Havin a Baby
Shoes: Polo Ralph Lauren
This is my regular outfit to work lately. I stopped driving because my belly is too big that it gets squished when I try to reach for the lever at the bottom of the seat to adjust it. So, now I commute and when I do, I want to be in the most comfortable clothes I could wear. Simple cotton top, jeans, and sneakers work for me all the time.
Striped Top from SM Woman Maternal
Denim Pants from SM Woman Maternal
Shoes: Nike Pegasus
Bag: Tommy Hilfiger
I attended my elder son's field demonstration day in school wearing a comfortable maternity denim pants, a stretchable striped top and my ever reliable Nike rubber shoes which I gifted myself last year.
- Before updating your maternity wardrobe... look into your closet if you've kept some pieces which you could still use. If you can't use them anymore because of size or the style is very outdated, better give it away by donating or selling it.
- The key is to mix and match your clothes. I always go for classic and safe colors. One could never go wrong with the basics. If you do want printed or loud colors, mix and match them with existing solid colors from your closet. No need to keep on purchasing pieces of clothing which will only clutter your closet.
- Do an inventory of your pre-maternity clothes which you could still use even when your preggy belly grows. My closet is full of stretchable and comfortable tops which could handle my big tummy. I like wearing this type of clothing because it's comfortable, it hugs my tummy firmly, it's versatile, it can be used for even after the baby's out.
- Those button-up shirts could still make its way to your maternity get up. You don't need to button it up, use as a layer to a fitting tank top. This gives your outfit an updated and chic look.
- On shoes... avoid using high-heeled ones, you may use pumps on occasions though. Got flats, ballet shoes, sneakers, rubber shoes or slip-on sandals? Now's the best time to use and abuse them. Just avoid tripping over something