On Realizations And Choosing A Healthier Lifestyle
Ever since my mom left us to a more peaceful and happier place with God, I realized a number of thin...
Ever since my mom left us to a more peaceful and happier place with God, I realized a number of things about life. No, not just realizations because the things I learned are the things I already knew by thought, but not by heart. I got to see them clearly when I was faced by this reality about almost four months ago.
Some of the things I realized even more were these:
- Life on earth is temporary.
- When your mission is done, God can summon you anytime.
- Be busier spending time with your loved ones, than making a living at work.
- When you're gone, people will talk about how good you were, not how rich you were.
- Say I love you, Thank You, and I am Sorry, as often as you can to the persons deserving to hear them.
- Drink 2 glasses of water before eating breakfast. Like any automobile, you need oil and water to make the machine run smoothly throughout the day. You only have one body and unlike cars, parts are not easily replaceable, or it's at all irreplaceable. So better maintain it well.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day. Hydration is good for flushing out toxins and keeping your skin healthy too! Also helps in indigestion and constipation.
- Substitute whites to browns. This goes for breads (white to wheat), Rice (white to brown or red), and Sugar (white to washed or Muscovado) to name a few.
I shifted from white to red rice and I noticed a little change in weight.
- Walk more or try using the stairs. A little exercise a day helps you lose some calories, great for weight loss.
- Cut on sodas and sweets. Some sweets are not good for you especially from junk food and drinks. The sugar content from these could lead to diabetes and unwanted calories which make us gain a lot of unwanted weight.
- If you can, don't use creamer on your coffee. Black is beautiful. Try brewed and put a little sugar only. If you're taking the instant coffee, try not to put creamer. If you can't help it, put just a little. Milk is a better alternative.
- Sprinkle Turmeric on your meals (when you possibly can.) Based on research, the Turmeric has a lot of health benefits like having anti-cancer properties, good to be used as antiseptic and anti-bacterial as well. It's also used for inflammation of skin or wounds.
- Change your pans to non-stick or ceramic and use lesser oil or none at all when frying. The lesser oil (or better none at all) the better. It doesn't add up to fat mass or bad cholesterol in our bodies.
- Eat vegetables and fruits everyday. We all know how good these are for the body. Nuff said.
- Stay stress-free. More of this below! :)
Based on my readings, stress is one of the major causes of some fatal diseases like cancers, heart attacks, and strokes to name a few. That's why, as much as I can, I don't worry too much. I don't put to much pressure on myself even when deadlines are right before me. I don't sweat the small stuff. Cliche it may sound, but I do choose my battles. I try not to get mad nor affected too much about trivial things. I breathe in and out first before I react on a compromising and temper-testing situation or before relying to a difficult person. Because at the end of the day, you're at the losing end for bringing these baggage with you.
|"Be in the company of them who makes you happy"|
It's easier said than done, really! Of course I know that. For someone who has been attempting to lose weight since time immemorial by starting then not continuing, I know. But it takes baby steps to get there. It takes little changes in life choices to make it happen. Walking could lead to running. The amount of food (could be carbo or sugar) intake you lessen could also lead to losing some weight. Plus it could lesser your chances to from getting unwanted diseases. Prevention is a lot better than cure.
Invest in healthier food. Invest in a gym or boxing membership. Invest in a nice running shoes. Invest in exercise apparel. Invest in regular health check ups as well! Let's aim to live healthier and even stronger! Because if you are a mom like me, you wouldn't want to be that someone who'd be missed by your very young children, right? You want to stay healthier, live stronger and grow with your children. You want to be alive, and strong enough to see your first grandchild too! :)
Are you willing to invest more in yourself by making healthier choices? I AM!