Review: La Carmela de Boracay, A Family-Friendly Hotel
You would agree for sure when I say there's nothing more joyous in the hearts of both parents th...
You would agree for sure when I say there's nothing more joyous in the hearts of both parents than knowing that they've made their children happy and that they've created wonderful memories for them during their childhood. That's exactly how we were overwhelmingly feeling at the time we were celebrating the children's birthdays.
In my previous travel posts over here, here and here, I shared that we celebrated their birthdays (they are both September-born babies) this year by vacationing to the beautiful island of Boracay. Our flights were booked as early as June (Piso Fare Promo by Cebu Pacific during Independence Day) while the hotel accommodation was decided upon a month before the actual flight.
Being a practical mom, I love it when I scout for the best deals around to ensure we get the best value of the service or product we're availing, which should work with our budget but at the same time without sacrificing quality. For me that's the essence of practicality (bow, echause!) That being said, it took some time before Daddy Practicality and I decided on our hotel accommodation.
I'm sure you've heard of La Carmela de Boracay Hotel which is being endorsed by a number of celebrities, including Mr. Boy Abunda. That's where we decided to stay for four days and three nights.
Why We Chose La Carmela de Boracay
I turned snob to the negative reviews about the hotel given in TripAdvisor because I've stayed there already in the past and I was happy with their service. Yes, there were some parts in the resort that need to be renovated, but for me, it was okay. You get what you paid for, so one shouldn't complain too much, unless of course if it would already involve food poisoning, accidents due to poor maintenance or robbery.
- Cleanliness - Cleanliness is one of the very first things I look for in a hotel or any place for that matter. Being clean means the establishment has high regards for hygeine and concern for their guests. When we arrived at our hotel room, I instantly inspected every corner of our standard room and I'm glad it passed my mommy standards for cleanliness.
- Complete Standard Facilities - We booked a standard room for our stay because for me it's practical to do so since we will be out all day and just go back to bathe, change clothes and sleep in the room at night. Even if we stayed at a standard room, the facilities were complete such as:
- Air-conditioned room
- Cable TV
- Private bath with hot & cold shower (soap, shampoo, towels, rugs and bathroom tissue)
- Safety deposit box
- 2 double beds with fleece blankets
- 4 fluffy pillows
|Proper swimming attires required in the pools of La Carmela de Boracay. Kids without adult supervision may not swim in the pool. Lifeguard is present everyday, all day!|
|Set breakfast comes with the following: Meat (Ham and Egg/ Chicken and Egg/ Hotdog and Egg) Garlic Rice, Juice and Coffee|
- Check-in time is 2:00 pm
- Check-out time is at 11:00 am.
- Low Season: June 1 to December 15
- High Season: December 16 to May 31, except Super Peak Season
- Super Peak Season: December 26 to Jan 2, Holy Week (Holy Wednesday to Black Saturday)
- Stained beddings and towels will be charged against your account. Here are the rates:
- Bed sheet/Flat sheet: P800.00/piece
- Bath Towel - P350.00/piece
- Pillow Case - P300.00/piece
For more information about La Carmela de Boracay Hotel, like them on Facebook or visit their website here.
Disclosure: There is nothing to disclose. We paid our hotel accommodation during our vacation.
Recommended For You:
- Travel Tipid Tips: Vactioning on A Budget
- Travel Must-Haves When Vacationing with Kids
- What to Pack When Swimming With Kids
- 8 Waves Waterpark & Hotel Review
- Quest Hotel Cebu Review