Tuesday, October 04, 2016 DIY Project Event Pinwheel
How To DIY A Pinwheel for Your Events
Lately, I've been so fond of doing DIY projects for my personal events such as our Rustic Weddi...
Lately, I've been so fond of doing DIY projects for my personal events such as our Rustic Wedding, our baby's baptismal celebration, and the 6th birthday school celebration of our 6 year old son. I'm even contemplating lately to venture into that creative business. What do you think?
Anyway, one of the projects I did was the table centerpiece which was very simple to do, Paper Pinwheels. I'd like to share with you how easy it is to do on this post.
What you'll need:
- Scrapbook papers or Oslo papers or Construction papers or bond papers cut in squares (8" X 8")
- Drinking Straws
- Glue or Glue Gun
1. Cut the papers in squares (recommended 8 in x 8 in.) Get one paper and from one corner, fold across diagonally, repeat on the opposite side.
2. Cut along the folds going to the center leaving about 3/4 to an inch uncut.
3. Now you have four sides in triangles. Take the left or right corners of each of the triangles and let each corner meet in the center.
4. Secure the corners with a thumbtack in the center.
It looks like this at the back
6. To secure the attachments together, and to prevent accidental pricking put glue or hot glue to the tip of the protruding thumbtack. Let it dry.
Now, where did I put my DIY pinwheels? I didn't want to buy vases so I made use whatever is available at home. I recycled bottles of olive oil or mason jars I found at home, wrapped them with a printed paper and attached a cut out teddy bear, voila, a pretty container for my pinwheels!
Here are some of my DIY projects:
- DIY Baptismal Party Decors
- My DIY Rustic Wedding Projects
- DIY Playhouse
- DIY Greek Goddess Costume
- DIY Greek Goddess Accessories