My RTW Wedding Gown Search And Finding The One
When I was a little girl, I've always fantasized about looking like a princess on my wedding day. I imagined a ballroom gown showered w...
When I was a little girl, I've always fantasized about looking like a princess on my wedding day. I imagined a ballroom gown showered with shining sequins, gems and stones meticulously sewn into my lace dress and six feet lacy train. As I grew older (and wiser), my fashion sense and interests lean more towards the simple, elegant, classic, and comfortable.
For my wedding last November, I considered buying an RTW simple gown.. I also considered looking for a couturier in Divisoria based on recommendation from friends who had their gowns made there. We were working on a budget, and the wedding gown budget was only Php 10,000 or less. Here were my wedding gown pegs:
For RTW Wedding Gowns, I considered the following stores:
- Karimadon (Robinson's Place Manila) - gowns were flamboyant and too grand for my style, so do their prices. I fitted some, but when I was wearing them, it really wasn't me. So next store please.
- Landmark Department Store (Makati or in Trinoma) - There were designer wedding gowns available but it's over budget because the materials used were really expensive. Gowns were embellished with Swarovskii stones or were fully beaded. They were very beautiful especially if you're planning for a big wedding. But it's not for my intimate wedding. There were cheaper alternatives but I didn't like the styles and the materials used also looked like how they were priced.
- Ever New (Podium) - They have really nice gowns which could be used for a small and intimate wedding like mine. In fact, I particularly liked one gown which only cost Php 7,600.00, which was still under budget! So it could have been perfect. But I wanted to look for another option so I went to hunt for the next RTW gown I would adore at...
- SM Fashion Forum (SMMakati, SM Megamall, and SM Aura) - This was where I actually bought my wedding gown. I fitted two types, one is a tube gown and the other is the gown that I wore at my wedding.
|EverNew in Podium|
|Lacey and lightly beaded on the upper body.|
|Skirt was made of Georgette and Sheer.|
Low back, simple but elegant.
This gown costs Php 7,600.00.
|A tubed gown with lacy top which snugs the chest area just right.|
|Not too comfortable baring too much mommy skin|
|I also liked the low V-back which still is subtly sexy.|
I did a few adjustments to this gown like tighten the arm holes, shorten the length of the skirt in front and leave the length at the back. I also added another layer of lining using Gina cloth. The adjustments cost me Php1,000.00. Total cost for my gown was only Php 4,850.00 which was still way under budget.
Here's my RTW Wedding Gown on my Rustic Themed Wedding Day. Photos by my wedding photographer, The Perfect Grey Photography
- Our Wedding Photographer - The Perfect Grey Photography
- My RTW Wedding Gown And Where To Find One
- Our Intimate Rustic Themed Garden Wedding
- Garden Wedding Venues In Antipolo
- How To Effectively Plan Your Wedding
- Our Rustic Wedding DIY Projects
- Reflections of A Soon-To-Be-Bride
- Our Rustic Wedding Pegs
- My Wedding Proposal Story